- Actively managed and promoted by the owners as a tourist resort.
- Clean toilets, including disabled facilities.
- Clearly sign-posted First Aid facilities.
- Management of conflicting uses such as swimmers, surfers, motor boats and nature conservation.
- Co-operation between the council and conservation organisations to care for protected sites and rare species.
- Daily beach supervision.
- Dog ban during the summer season.
- Drinking water.
- Easy and safe access for all including disabled where possible.
- Keeping our beaches clean
- Keeping people informed
- Adequate provision of safety equipment.
- Litter cleared up regularly.
- Litter bins emptied daily.
- Nationally recognised warning flags for safe bathing and sea condition.
- Prompt warning if beach is expected to become grossly polluted or unsafe.
- Public telephones within five minutes walk.
- Up-to-date information on water quality, car parks, safety, dog bans, map of award beach and sampling points.
If any one of our beaches fails to meet these standards when you visit please tell us - you can contact our Beach Department.
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 01803 207975
- Fax: 01803 207981