- Helicopters should approach and take off in a seaward direction. Pilots are requested not to fly over local houses and hotels.
Daddyhole Plain is a Public Open Space and as such pilots must be aware of other users.
- Pilots should be aware that as Public Open Space, Torbay Council will not accept responsibility for the security of the helicopter if left on the ground. A Park Ranger will be made available for security purposes if requested.
- A Park Ranger will be onsite to warn pedestrians and vehicle users of impending landings and take off. Warning signs will be in place.
How many landing sites are there in Torbay?
- There is only one official public landing site in Torbay.
Where is the landing site?
- The public landing site is at Daddyhole Plain - Torquay. (SX926628 - 3 degrees 30' 47" west, 50 degrees 27' 18" North).
How much notice should I give?
- To assist the Local Authority, we request that a minimum of 7 days notice be provided to enable us to arrange for a Park Ranger to attend the landing. They will mark the area of landing so the pilot can see the landing site clearly. He will also ensure that members of the public are at a safe distance.
- Please note that applications received within 48 hours of the proposed landing time will not be accepted unless there are exceptional circumstances.
How should I apply and pay for a landing?
- Please complete and return the application form as soon as possible. After the landing event you will then receive an invoice by post.Please contact Residents and Visitor Services for further information.
|Landing at 3 hours||Additional hourly rate|
|Week Days - 9:00am til 5:00pm||£30.00 + VAT||£10.00 + VAT|
|Out of Hours - inc 5:00pm til Dusk||£45.00 + VAT||£15.00 + VAT|
|Saturday||£45.00 + VAT||£15.00 + VAT|
|Sunday||£60 .00 + VAT||£20.00 + VAT|
Submission of the application form does not automatically ensure approval of the landing. There are various legal requirements, please contact Residents and Visitor Services for further information.
A minimum of 48 hours notice will be required to avoid associated costs. If sufficient notice is not provided, the landing fee may be charged dependent upon the circumstances involved.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 01803 207960
- Fax: 01803 207981