Under the Freedom of Information Act, it is the duty of every public authority to adopt and maintain a publication scheme. Publication schemes facilitate the proactive release of information and play a crucial role in supporting and providing greater openness and transparency across the public sector.
In line with s.20 of the Act the Information Commissioner has approved a new model publication scheme which has been adopted by Torbay Council effective from 1 January 2009.
Classes of Information
- Who we are and what we do
- What we spend and how we spend it
- What our priorities are and how we are doing
- How we make decisions
- Our policies and procedures
- Lists and registers
- Services provided by the Council
Using the Publication Scheme
To view information contained in the classes click on the required link above.
All documents open in a new window. Need more help with documents? View the Document Help page.
- Information Commissioner's Office
- Local Government Ombudsman
- Ministry of Justice
- Office of Surveillance Commissioners
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 01803 207467