Information and support services available for parents of children with SEN & disabilities:
Torbay's Parent Partnership Service
This service provides impartial information, guidance, support and training to parents / carers on any special educational needs and / or disabilities issues. Parent Partnership Staff can:
- listen to parent / carers concerns;
- offer phone support and / or home visits;
- provide parents / carers information about school action, school action plus, assessments and statementing;
- help parent / carers prepare for and attend meetings;
- provide parents / carers feedback from meetings attended by Parent Partnership Staff in place of parents / carers
- may be able to ensure parent / carers views are taken into account at professional's only meetings
- signpost parents / carers to other appropriate services.
For children who do not have a statement of special educational need contact: 01803 559765 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For children who already have a statement of special educational need or are in the statutory assessment process contact: 01803 208239 or 07788684965 or email email@example.com.
The Parent Partnership Service also produces a series of Information leaflets (see Related Documents).
This service provides access to independent mediation to help when parents / carers and the education authority cannot agree on how to meet a child's special educational need. For further information contact Linsey Halford or Colin Gould, Service Co-ordinators, Wessex Mediation, 5 HighWest Street, Dorchester, Dorset, DT1 1UJ tel: 0845 0529487; email: firstname.lastname@example.org : website: www.wessexmediation.co.uk
Parents Participation Forum
Working to improve the lives of all disabled/SEN children and their families in Torbay, the PPF consults with local parents and works in partnership with the Local Authority and TCT to improve provision for our children and young people. Contact : Penny Malyon, email@example.com
All documents open in a new window. Need more help with documents? View the Document Help page.
- Special Educational Needs Enquiries
- Tel: 01803 208274