NOTICE OF COUNCILLOR VACANCY
One vacancy has arisen at Brixham Town Council following the recent resignation of one of its Councillors. Brixham Town Council is keen to co-opt a new member and has produced these documents to help with the application process.
Eligibility of Candidates
The Town Council can consider any person to fill a vacancy provided that:
• he/she is an elector for the parish; or
• has resided in the parish for the past twelve months or rented/tenanted land in the parish; or
• had his/her principal place of work in the parish; or
• has lived within three miles (direct) of the parish.
There are certain disqualifications for election, of which the main are (Local Government Act 1972):
• holding a paid office under the local authority;
• having been sentenced to a term of imprisonment (whether suspended or not) of not less than three months, without the option of a fine during the five years preceding the election; and
• being disqualified under any enactment relating to corrupt or illegal practices.
All candidates must return the completed application form to Mrs T Hallett, Town Clerk, Brixham Town Council, Town Hall, New Road, Brixham TQ5 8TA or email@example.com by 12 noon on Friday 28th May 2021.
Please do not submit any paperwork other than the forms supplied by Brixham Town Council