Facilities Service Operative Apprenticeship
As the apprentice you will be expected to work towards a Level 2 Facilities Service Operative standard under the direction of the Town Clerk and Facilities Manager.
Daily work will include general maintenance, cleaning, liaising with external contractors and general porterage duties. You will be expected to ensure that the premises meets the appropriate health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation and organisational needs.
Two vacancies have arisen at Brixham Town Council following the recent resignation of two Town Councillors. Brixham Town Council is keen to co-opt new members and has produced these documents to help with the application process.
Eligibility of Candidates
The Town Council can consider any person to fill a vacancy provided that:
• he/she is an elector for the parish; or
• has resided in the parish for the past twelve months or rented/tenanted land in the parish; or
• had his/her principal place of work in the parish; or
• has lived within three miles (direct) of the parish.
There are certain disqualifications for election, of which the main are (Local Government Act 1972):
• holding a paid office under the local authority;
• having been sentenced to a term of imprisonment (whether suspended or not) of not less than three months, without the option of a fine during the five years preceding the election; and
• being disqualified under any enactment relating to corrupt or illegal practices.
All candidates must return the completed application form to Mrs T Hallett, Town Clerk, Brixham Town Council, Town Hall, New Road, Brixham TQ5 8TA or firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on Friday 29th October 2021.
Please do not submit any paperwork other than the forms supplied by Brixham Town Council.
Co-Option Application Pack