Welcome to the Brixham Town Council website.
The Town of Brixham is situated at the southern end of Torbay and forms part of the Borough of Torbay, which also includes the towns of Torquay and Paignton.
Brixham was originally developed as two separate areas of settlement, one around St Mary’s Church; known as Cowtown and one around the harbour; known as Fishtown. Brixham is widely known as a fishing town and is one of the busiest fishing ports in the UK. It is also a place full of character, charm, culture and is a beautiful town to live, work and visit.
Brixham boasts the stunning headland and national nature reserve; known as Berry Head, the popular outdoor lido; know as Shoalstone Pool and has an abundance of independent shops, restaurants and cafes.
Keeping up to date
We will use the News and Events column to keep you informed about local information and other items which we think are important for you to know. The column will also carry details about what’s happening in the area and we encourage the organisers of events to let us know, using the contact form, so we can provide further publicity for your activities.
The Town Council’s Vision
- To be a proactive Council, creating effective collaborative working with key stakeholders
- To improve the quality of town life for present and future generations
- To improve the visual appearance of locals and visitors
What we do
- To conduct its business with integrity, impartiality and transparancy
- To be a listening Council that treats all views with courtesy and respect
- To engage with residents and be an advocate and campaigning voice for Brixham
- To work in partnership with other organisations to improve the services and deliver value for money for the community of Brixham
The Town Council’s Pledge
The Town Council has signed the Civility and Respect Pledge resolving to treat all councillors, staff, members of the public and representatives of partner organisations and volunteers with civility and respect in their roles.
Council Meetings 2022
For the full details of Council meetings please refer to the Minutes and Agendas page.